It has been a crazy couple of days, but I am astonished to say I was nominated for the Liebster Award by whimsical90, Little Ray of SunSian, and The Noisy Songbird. This was so unexpected, but I am honored. This means so much, because I have only had this blog for less than a month, so I just want to get all teary-eyed and giddy all at once. So thank you!!
1. Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1. You started a blog because? I started Little Miss Unsure, because I was feeling alone and down on myself on a regular basis and I didn’t feel that I had an outlet. My friends and family didn’t understand what I was going through, so I decided to create a place where I could express myself and my feelings without any guilt or persecution. A blog was born and it was the best decision ever. I am having a blast sharing my thoughts and reading everyone else’s as well.
2. What do you love doing the most? Any activity. Reading. I am a huge bookworm and love to hole up with a good book. Ever since I was a little girl and discovered Junie B. Jones books, I have never left the house without a book. I remember walking around the grocery store with my nose in a book and when my parents told me I couldn’t read in the car if I wanted to get my drivers license. Getting lost in a book is my favorite form of escapism.
3. Your favorite writer and the book you like most. Jodi Picoult, hands down! I read My Sister’s Keeper back in Junior High and have been hooked ever since. Her writing is so poetic and, at times, in your face that you just can’t put the book down. I love that she writes about controversial topics and makes you think. My favorite book is Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. It is about a high school shooting, but it alternates perspectives and really puts you in the head of the shooter and it really changed my perspective. So thought-provoking!
4. Describe one trait of yours that you find silly. I honestly have no idea. I don’t know if this is necessarily a trait, but when I was born the muscles in my left eye were not completely attached, so I had surgery when I was four and they were halfway successful, but my left eye cannot look left.
5. First childhood memory that comes to your mind? When I was really young we had this really old blue and white striped couch. The cushions came off and we would always tickle fights with my dad and my brother and I would use the cushions to fight him off.
6. You are most comfortable in what kind of clothes? I am most comfortable in blue jean shorts or leggings, a t-shirt, and my converse. I am all about simplicity and although I do like looking cute every once in awhile, my go-to outfit is always something basic.
7. Summers or winters? Why? Summer!! Being a native Texan I do not deal well with winter. It freaks me out and depresses me. There is just something about the scorching hot sun on your back with your windows down and the radio up. Summer just puts me in a better mood!
8. Something you have learned from your parents? I learned from my parents that it is ok to be silly and not so serious all the time. My dad is a goofball, so we always end up giggling about something and nothing around our house is very serious. I am kind of a stick-in-the-mud, but overtime I have learned that there is nothing wrong with letting loose and having a good laugh.
9. Do you think you’ll be writing after 5 years from now? I sure hope so. Even though I created this blog to vent about my negative feelings and grow in my self-confidence, I am sure that in 5 years I will still have issues and problems, so I hope to still be expressing them in a healthy way. I also hope that I will be writing about my successes as well.
10. Best and the worst thing you find about technology? I like technology, because of the convenience, but I do feel that my generation and the ones after me are losing our ability to interact with other people and just be content with ourselves. For example: when you are sitting in a waiting room, we can’t just sit there or talk to the person next to us; we immediately look down at our phone, so it seems that we are doing something.
11. If you had to keep a pet, what would it be? (the ones already having can describe theirs) I have two dogs. One is a black lab/border collie mix and the other is a black lab/terrier mix. Their names are Zoey and Ally and I love them so much. Zoey is “technically” mine and she is the sass master!
Little Ray of SunSian questions.
1. If the sky’s the limit, what would you like to do next? I would like to travel everywhere and experience all the beauty and adventure with the man of my dreams.
2. What is your biggest problem/challenge when it comes to blogging? Putting my thoughts into words. Most of the time I have so much that I want to get out, but when I start to write it just makes no sense, so I have to read it and re-read it to make sure that it can be understood.
3. What is a piece of advice you would like to share? Originality is your super power! I thinking that telling you to ‘be yourself’ is crap, but just remember that being unique is not a bad thing and that if you like something, then do it; if you think something is cute, then wear it… never apologize for your opinions.
4. How did you pick your blog’s name? At the time I decided to make my blog, I was in a pretty bad place. I was just really down on myself and questioning everything, so I decided on Little Miss Unsure, because I am just confused, skeptical, and curious about all things. It just seemed fitting.
5. What’s your favourite post that you’ve written? (Include a link) The Girl Who Gets the Guy. You can read it here. I like to think that most of posts are pretty transparent and honest, but this one really opened me up.
6. What was your favourite place that you have visited? I really enjoyed my time in D.C. It is a beautiful city and I can’t wait to go back and explore on my own.
7. What do you value most in life? Honesty. I like that I have the choice everyday to tell the truth no matter how bad it hurts or tell a lie just to numb the pain.
8. What is your dream job? Being the boss. Preferably at a big-time publishing company.
9. How much time do you spend per week on your blog? Depends on the week; on average though a couple hours a day… so maybe around 10 to 14.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? Anything romance. I love New Adult books; they can be so trashy and graphic, but books about bad boys are just so addicting. I love Romantic Drama movies that are so unrealistic and dramatic you can’t help but love them.
11. Which three people, living or not, would you invite to dinner? Why? It’s too late for me to think this hard.
The Noisy Songbird questions.
1. Why do you write? I write to get my feelings out. I find that this helps me alleviate a lot of my bottled up emotions.
2. What would you be doing right now if your blog didn’t exist? I would definitely be binge-watching something on Netflix.
3. Would you rather time travel to the past or future, and why? I would like to go to the future. Pretty much just my curiosity, but I would like to see how and where I end up.
4. Do your family and friends support your blog? I guess the answer would be ‘no’, because they don’t know my blog exists. I don’t have it hooked up to my social media or anything, but since I use it to vent and express myself without judgement, I chose not to tell them about it.
5. When was the last time you laughed so hard it made you cough? I honestly don’t remember.
6. During an average day, do you smile or frown more? I tend to me a smiler… even when I am not happy.
7. What inspires you most? People. I have a love/hate relationship with people, but I never seem to lose faith in them. I am one of those that gets their hopes up a lot, because I believe in people.
8. Has a movie ever made you cry? If yes, what movie? I tend to be an emotional person, so I cry a lot during movies. The most classic one though… Titanic. It never ceases to destroy me.
9. Do you collect anything? If so, what? I collect snow globes and movie ticket stubs. I get a snow globe from everywhere I have been and other people get me snow globes when they visit places. I got into keeping my movie stubs when I started scrapbooking; I think it is interesting to look back and see what movies you saw.
10. Who is the most important person in your life? I don’t think I have just one. I love my mom- she means the world to me, but I have a few best friends that I confide in a lot and care about more than anything! Too difficult to choose.
1. Meghan At Large
2. Sincerely, Sammy.
3. College with Ashley
4. The Kase Place
5. That’s So Jacob
8. Deep Blues and Sea Foam Greens
9. Sherina Speaks
10. Girl in Between
1. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Why?
3. What is your biggest insecurity?
4. What is your favorite past time?
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. What are your thoughts on reality television?
8. What is your guilty pleasure?
9. Coke or Pepsi?
10. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
A huge thank you to everyone who has read and supported my blog. I love and appreciate you all!
❤ a girl