Over the past week I have dealt with a lot. I had some backlash in my family due to one of my posts and I was concerned about my anonymity being compromised. After it went down, although it is still kind of going down, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to continue blogging, because the whole point of writing my thoughts anonymously is so that this doesn’t happen. It caused a lot of issues and distress for me, but after thinking a lot about it, I decided to keep going and continue writing. This blog means a lot to me and I’m not just going to quit that easily.
I was nominated by the sweet Nicole at Cold Chicken Soup for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. This means so much to me especially with all the questioning I have been doing about my words and the effect they have on people. It is my blogging friends that keep me going! I appreciate all your encouragement and support. Thank you so much! ❤
My Answers to Nicole’s Questions:
1. What is that one movie that you can’t get enough of? This is a tough one for me, because I love movies and get attached to characters very easily, but the three movies that never fail me are 27 Dresses, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Legally Blonde.
2. Who is/are your favorite person/peeps? I have lots of favorite people for different reasons. My two best friends (who don’t even know each other), because they are always there for me and take me for who I am and not for who they want me to be. We always have the best time together just doing nothing or everything. My mom is another of my favorite people, because I know she loves me no matter what and she believes in me and is so proud of me; she is one of the reasons I keep going!
3. Beauty or brains? Brains all the way!
4. What are the characteristics of your ideal man? Oh boy this is a tricky question. I have tried so hard to not be so set on certain characteristics for my man, because I never know who will surprise me, but…. in a perfect world I would like to have a man who is trustworthy, loyal, charming, thoughtful, knows how to dress himself (is this a characteristic?), intelligent, and has a sly sense of humor. I’m honestly picky, but not that picky. I like to give everyone a chance.
5. What is your favorite quote and why? “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime you just might find you get what you need.” – Mick Jagger. I saw this quote my senior year of high school on the board in one of the classrooms. The teacher that was in the room before mine left it up and I just couldn’t get it out of my head. It reminds me that you can make the best of what you have and that I don’t have to always have more or better.
6. What was your family like growing up? My family was a normal one. We did lots of things together. My parents were involved and we supported one another. Nothing too out of the ordinary.
7. What’s it like when you had the best date of your life? I’ve only been on one date and it was awful, so I’ll let you know when it happens. 😉
8. If you’re a student what do you study (course)? I study Professional and Technical Communication. It is mainly technical writing and learning HTML and CSS.
9. What is your favorite flower? I’m not big into flowers, but if you felt the need to buy them for me, I like sunflowers.
10. Do you agree that love is blind? Why or why not? I think that true love is blind. I think that personality is everything. If you love someone you can see past the annoying quirks and flaws, because the good in them shines through. I think, in regards to looks, that everyone has a different idea of what is attractive to them, but when you love spending time with someone, it doesn’t matter what they look like, but more how they treat you.
1. Meghan @ Hey Meghan
2. Monika @ Destination Humanity
3. Alex @ Alexandra Write Now
4. Roopam @ Whimsical90
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Do you like to read? If so, what book(s) would you recommend?
3. Do you prefer Converse or Toms?
4. What are some things that girls in their twenties should do? (any advice?)
5. What is your favorite Disney movie?
6. If you could visit anywhere in the United States, where would you go?
7. Do you have a pet?
8. [This is stolen from Nicole, but it ‘s a great question!] What is your favorite quote and why?
9. Pick a super-power you would want for a day.
10. What is your favorite family tradition?
Thank you again Nicole for nominating me! Definitely check out her blog, because she is fabulous and I love her writing!